Thursday 12 September 2013

Time killed my vibe

You see, time killed my vibe, son.
Time and again, I'd been tied in a game,
sheer hide and seek, tried to gain where I can,
Plough while it drained, weed where it came,
sprouting through the ground, harvested for the pound,
and sold them to the hounds, 
and now I'm bound., to a cycle,
turned to a psycho, slaved but free,
independent, but just like a tree,
I'll move where and when the wind blows.
Like a seedling floating on top, I'll go where the stream flows,
and it grows., on and on. Joining other streams to form a river,
I'd cry you one but the biled emotion in my liver,
is big a hindrance, but clear a guidance,
and the puzzle fixes itself as time continues.. killing my vibe.

The maze unwinds and the river is vast,
flowing so fast, and into the ocean.,
my portion you ask? not so much.
yet.
Because, you see, I'm growing.
The seedling I was, is getting the edges of immaturity cut from it's tug line..
but then again, the tree I'm becoming needs to rest at the coast line..
so I have to tackle the waves and battle the storms,
I have to rise to the occasion and dismantle the norms..
I have to sip on every mineral and salts I find.
I have to filter out every discouragement from my mind.
I have to grow. I have to keep on my toes.
I have to keep my head high before the leaves come out.
I have to hold on, for the ocean I swim in, is huge.. before I flower.,
before the hour of power is mine to devour.
And time has killed my vibe.
Because now I don't have time to chant and chat, whisper and whistle with my fellow growing trees. We are all headed there but when their wind blows, water flows through my young growing branches. When they call my name out, the waves splashing on me keep my ears deaf. But I'll strive for the cause, I'll struggle for the course. I'll karma time and kill it's vibe, when sarcastically, the time is right. 
when the happy sounds of laughter from little children eating our fruits beneath us, 
getting shade from the sun under our leaves, will be enough mockery.
Time, I'm coming for you bro, I will kill your vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment