Sunday 6 July 2014

Echoes from the deep

Echo.. Echo.. Echo.. Echo..

So a thought, I have..
Of the reflection, I have..
This reflection of soundwaves.,
everytime I shout down into this,
deep, almost empty - but fills me up - well.
This well of promises and wellness.
Me on this end and you on the other.
Sun scorching my back,
the cold wind of the night slapping against it.
I'll bend it all down for you, my back,
just to talk to you.,
actually, with..
just to talk with you.
And it's beautiful, it's just amazing!
Because, everytime
I say something,
you say something.
You even hear my whispers,
and whisper back to me,
the pebbles I drop down there,
I hope, really, that none ever hits you,
it's the echoes I fish for,
to know you still care,
to know you're still there.
The voices that come back.

I have had nights I cried down to you,
hoping my tears would rise,
the levels, for me, to see your eyes,
but only the sobs keep coming back.
Does it mean you cry when I cry?
Laugh when I laugh?
See, I just smiled.
Did you smile as well?
Did your lips curve, not upwards,
but downwards, just as mine did?
Tell me you did, am listening.
The voices that come back.

I know you listen,
because you answer.
I know you feel almost the same as I do.
Because every single time,
I say "I love you",
the voice that comes back says
"I love you" too.
- "I miss you"
- "I miss you" too.
The voices that come back.

And when it rains, I hope, it pours.
I hope the water will fill up the well,
and you will rise to the surface..
and hug me, hug me tight and everything,
everything will be alright.
I have your towel ready,
to dry you up immediately you come through.
I have a change of clothes too,
all ready, and fitted for you.
I promise you,
I won't mind the rain,
I'll let the drops sooth my back,
from the sun-scorching and wind-slapping,
I'll soak and it won't be enough,
to pay back for the soaking you have.
I want to be your hero,
when the waters reach a hundred from zero.
I long to see you, and am excited!
Why?
Because the clouds are forming.
The voices that come back.

The first drop from the sky, and into the well..
and am here waiting to hear its sound come back,
among all these other
echoes from the deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment