Thursday 8 January 2015

My Sentimental Nonsense

I dream about what tomorrow might be.
Eyes closed, ears open,
mouth shut, mind receptive..
Then the doors creak open.
the windows ajar, am staring into the emptiness,
into the distance afar, devouring the vastness,
of the vision, a perspective perception.
How do I interpret the uninterpretable?
If only my head was a printer,
spitting out copies after copies,
my tongue a typewritter,
spelling it all out for your discernment...
your entertainment.
Indulge you in a conversation of fulfillment.
Conversely, enlightment
from utter mediocrity of the present
into the immense deep waters of tomorrow's
wade trip.

It's a nonsense. An alluring nonsense.
A sentimental nonsense..
That today I live for a painless tomorrow,
with the agony of yesterday forgotten.
It's a nonsense. A beautiful nonsense.
A sentimental nonsense..
That I stand for what I want
but sit when all I have.
It's a nonsense. An elegant nonsense.
A sentimental nonsense..
That the fights I fight in pen,
are signed with blood from swords.
It's a nonsense. A glamorous nonsense.
A sentimental nonsense..
That the pots they've been pissing in,
are mine to cook dinner with.
It's a nonsense. An exquisite nonsense.
A sentimental nonsense..
That the clouds I reached up to
could not hold my weight.
It's a nonsense. A lovely nonsense.
A sentimental nonsense..
That the blind can still feel the light,
that the strong don't always win the fight,
that the day will also turn to night,
that we don't have to chew all we bite,
that if I have nothing to say I will say nothing right,
that the darker it gets the sharper our sight,
that only the shortest can jump the furthest height,
that we can only walk the rope when it's tight,
that the weakest in battle carry all the might,
that the deeper the snow the more it's white,
that we only get read when we write.

But then am beyond not surprised,
that this impractical nostalgic affection to all that which I encounter,
is a nightmare to my nonexistent endeavors,
a knife through the back of my fears,
a dry towel to my stream of tears, and,
a positive shift in my gears.

I'll be alright if it's a nonsense,
a sentimental nonsense..
I'll be just fine if it's a nonsense,
my sentimental nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment