Wednesday 12 February 2014

Surrender, not.

For when the road gets rough,
and the going gets tough,
I'll choose to surrender, not,
to the fight but surrender,
to the light that I follow,
the fight that I'm being fought for.
I'll be tough and get going,
I'll do enough to keep me growing,
just enough,
that  the light in me will keep glowing.
A friend once told me,
"Remember why you started"
and as a member of my own,
I chose then not to slumber,
and number sheep to my dreams,
but stay awake through the year,
January to December,
and gear up to my dreams.
I am a dreamer,
and a profound one.
See, when I was lost,
a pro at what He does, found one,
out of many,
and recreated purpose and strength,
will, creativity and immense
stability in the thoughts,
and actions? He's still working on them.
Like a potter to clay
I putter through my day,
not as casual,
but with peace that there is,
a better tomorrow,
shaped through happiness and sometimes sorrow,
in the open and sometimes in the shadows,
but like fire to Gold,
adversity in diverse ways,
has played it's part,
has trained my heart,
& I came out bold.
Tested and pure,
in control and secure.
And that's why I choose,
not  to surrender,
not to the sorrows,
not to the shadows,
not to the fire,
and definitely not to the adversity,
but to the strength I acquired,
the teaching I required,
and the journey that I traverse in,
everything that I admire.
In this mood that this caressing peace engulfs me in,
I could care less, but surrender, not.
I could bear less but forfeit, not.
I could break walls and regret, not.
I could stumble and fall but not stay down,
I could hit dead ends and still not frown,
but smile, full-time,
like a clown in the circus,
till I get my crown,
till I fulfil my purpose.

"Retreat, not. Surrender, not."

No comments:

Post a Comment