Tuesday 4 February 2014

I want (Poetry.com)

Below is a poem I posted on the website Poetry.com, thanks to a friend's suggestion. The link to the poem on the website is http://www.poetry.com/poems/1153481-I-want
It's a good platform to check out what others have written and to publish your own poems and receive reviews, points and badges while at it. Get writing!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Poetry.com,
I just met you, and this is crazy,
crazy, straight to the moon and back,
that I have expectations and ambitions,
(Wild ones) about this, our relationship.
This relationship we are about to grow in,
this relationship that we are about to throw ourselves in, to,
you and I, me and you. 
I am really excited, I won't lie,
and prepared to love you till I die.
I know, that escalated too quickly for your liking,
but trust me, I take my time,
to fall in love..
it's just that, it's., it's just that you,
yes, you. You came in like a wrecking ball,
and swept me off my feet,
and instead of wrecking me,
you gave me something to think about,
each time I close my eyes.
You make me feel like I can be your next and your last,
or your first with heartbeats so fast,
each time he hears your name.
Each time, he mentions you,
each time his attention is stolen by you.
Poetry.com, I have a future figured out for us,
and what I want in this relationship,
erm, this partnership,
ok, this somethingship,
is you to show your love for me,
to shower me with kindness and gifts,
make me your top poet,
rate mine, the top poems,
distinguish me, 
let me finish first Poetry.com,
let me extinguish the shine of the others from thine eyes,
because I'll work for it.
I'll win your heart,
I'll give you perfection!
You say the world? I will give you the universe,
I will deserve your affection,
no explanation here, I'm drowning in emotions,
and for the last time now, Poetry.com,
I pledge to be there for you,
to paint your walls with the most beautiful of words,
the most thoughtful of images.
I'll try to be funny, you'll love my humor,
I'll try to be creative, you'll love my ambition.
Let's be an item and let's rock this world.
oh and before I forget Poetry.com;
Valentine's Day is in a week's time,
*clears throat*
will you be my Valentine?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment