Sunday 23 November 2014

Write me a poem

Of all the days, of all the nights,
I remain alive in this world,
today’s is the night I want,
you to write me a poem.
Grab a pen and piece of paper,
sit in a room full of peace,
and peacefully, write me a poem.
Let the state be pin-drop silence,
let the noise you hear, distracting your ear,
be the scribbling of the words of your craft,
the words of this poem.
Let the ideas of a lifetime,
fill the pages of this poem.
Let the reflection of my past,
guide you. Lead you. Direct you.
Under the beam of the moonlight,
with memories of the sunshine,
let the rays of creativity,
illuminate the touch of your pen on paper,
and shine upon your versatile creation and wild imagination,
that will live and leave an eternity of impression.
Impress me, write me a poem.

Write me a poem, 
a poem of joy, a poem of sadness.
A poem of laughter, a poem of tears,
A poem of seconds, minutes, hours,
days, weeks, months and years.
Write me a poem I'll read in the future,
still relevant and smile about the past.
Write me a poem that will tickle my fantasies,
and make me chuckle,
then chuckle again,
before bursting into an uncontrollable laughter.
Tears of joy.
Make this poem my toy.
I am grown up now,
But make this poem my toy.
Something I will play with,
look at and smile.
Something that will understand me,
for who I am, what I am.
For who I could be, not what I've done.
A toy. Something that will always be close to me.
Write me something to look at before I go to bed.
Write me something to wake up to.
Write me something to read alongside the morning newspaper,
as I take my breakfast.
Something to read in the middle of my morning run.
Something to read when I'm dressing up for work,
Something to read for days on end,
Nights in bed.
Write me a poem.

Write me a poem,
because then, it will mean so much to me.
You are not like the rest of them.
You are special.
I want a poem so special.
A poem I will treasure.
You know me too well.
You know my highs and my lows,
my likes and dislikes.
You know my do's and my don’ts,
my silence and my loudness.
What makes me happy,
what tears me apart,
rips open my heart.
You know me from the start 
and will to the end.

You might be a little mean,
but if that's what it'll take,
for you not to be fake,
I'll let you write it.
I want a real poem.
I want a straightforward poem.
A poem that will serve it to me hot,
no matter how cold.

So before you start writing me this poem,
understand that you will need to understand me.
Remember that you will need to remember me.
If you want the poem a mess,
understand and remember,
I won’t mind a beautiful mess,
nor the ugly truth.
As beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder,
the beauty of this poem will lie in the hand of the penholder,
which is you.
You hold the fate of this poem in your hands,
you either make it or break it.
But please make it.
In case you break it, break it into a well-crafted masterpiece.
For all I care just make me smile when you’re done,
Because all I want, ever wanted,
was you, to write me a poem.

Write me a poem.



No comments:

Post a Comment