Friday 27 February 2015

Painted clouds

Painted clouds, powdery snow,
you know I love you.
When your love skips a meal,
my heart skips a beat.
You know, like a broken record.
A mile through this race,
you've already broken records.
You've set me up for a lot,
am deprived of certainty.
I love you.
And I think it's in the way you honestly blinked
when you looked at me.
Or the way your lips innocently touched
every time you'd smile at me.
Maybe it's the fragrance in your breathe 
whenever you spoke of my perfume.
I love you.
Not like a fat kid loves his cake, no.
Not that type of love.
I want to have you but not finish you.
Like, that silently hidden well
that oft not dries.
You are love's best kept secret.
They have loved not,
those who haven't loved you.
They have hated life 
those who have felt ill towards you.
I love you.
You've cured my ill,
you've lured me into your fill.
I'm intoxicated in your drunkedness 
of beauty, as you swim in it.
You swim in grace,
you walk in your glory.
You're everything that breathes for me, life,
you're the air I breathe.
And if you don't like them grey,
or boring white..
I'd still love you to choose,
if you'd want me green with envy for your love,
or red, the colour of fire and blood,
or just blue, your favourite colour of me.
Whichever your heart of treasures desires.
Paint me to the rhythm of 
your melodious voice,
and to the colour of
your favourite lipstick and nail polish.
Paint me your bed sheets' colour 
and roll up in me.
Find comfort in my arms
as I have in your stare.
Your gaze, your beautiful eyes.
The way you look at me,
I love it.
I love you.
And as you embark to paint,
let it symbolize my place in your life,
as I will colour your world.
Let me give you peace of mind
and a burning desire
for there's passion in your voice.
You speak to me like you own me,
I like that.
I love you.
So paint me now, paint your cloud,
whether you paint me calm, or paint me loud,
I will shower you with all you want,
just how you want it.
I'll rain my love all over you,
in the colour you so easily desire.
Paint me high up where I am,
and I will come down into your bosom.
I love you.
Painted or not,
I love you.



1 comment:

  1. Babe, I love you, and I love how well you write, especially this. I'm still in awe..I want to pour out all these emotions that you brought, but this is probably not the venue haha But yes, I have been painting, and I know you can't wait to see this beautiful piece..

    ReplyDelete