Saturday 6 June 2015

Be my Confetti

I have been robbed of sleep before,
shutting my eyes tight but
my dreams too adamant to yield.
On nights like these,
is when I have deserted my beddings
and stepped into the cold.
I have tried making tea, then,
to sip myself to sleep
but there was not enough sugar
to sweeten up my despair.
I have felt strongly for the breeze of the night.
Because I have never understood
why darkness had to find a friend in cold.
It has to be not fair how
those summer nights are no more.
Where we would sit on rooftops
and smoke shisha.
We would catch up with life
and tell tales for days on end,
some of them made up, of course,
and there was absolutely no need for sleep.
But those summer nights die so fast.
They are gone before you even love them.
So you just miss them,
especially, on nights like these.
On nights like these have I introspected
even in public.
Not a hint of shame.
I would be dreaming
but I think I have mused enough.
Even my bed agrees I should abandon sleep
and work to realize the few fantasies I have
desired.
They all seem glittering and I do not know why.
I have yielded their potential
and it is sickening
that to dream one has to hope.
I'll hope no longer
and dive into the limelight.
I'll skip the shadows and clutch the show
because I'm tired.
I'm tired and I need to sleep.
I'm tired of those in the light not doing enough
when I am still hiding behind sleepless nights,
doing the most.
I will climb up the stage and
sing my voice hoarse.
and I hope when I'm done performing;
every tune your soul has ever craved to listen to,
every tune your soul has ever thirsted for,
every tune your soul has ever waited for to rise..
will be endlessly filled in your mind.
Rhythm.
and I hope it will soothe your tired limbs
and massage your broken heart.
I hope, you will be in furious excitement,
in sort of a frantic delirium,
and all over the place, in a wild frenzy.
We will forget this sleepless night
and you will embrace my genuineness.
You will cheer me on,
and you'll brighten me up!
You will rain over me and I'll gladly
own you.
You will be my confetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment