Tuesday 16 June 2015

Why I do poetry

The world is a canvas and I'm here to paint it.
Colours of a rainbow become white when you mix them,
and the purpose is the motivation.
The ignition, the genesis of a new life.
Yet we can only predict the future
if we create it; vision.
The will of the mind is the mightiest weapon,
it makes things happen.
Negativity and letdowns distort this vision,
they create little impossibilities
in a world full of possibilities.
They quieten a prodding for success,
our innate thirst for achievement!  
They dampen our spirits and 
create a false feeling of it might never happen.
& the strongest ones are the ones who rise 
above negativity and hate.
They see the world in all shades of colour
rather than one.
They open themselves up to learn,
to view the world with a different perspective.
They yearn to change the world.
I do poetry because I found my voice
and I'm willing to be responsive to positivity.
I am willing to help people change
and see things different;
in a better light.
I embrace light when I see it
and my soul has found a rhythm to dance to.
I find pleasure, even in the most inane things.
I see beauty with an eye of perfection
because we can all be better.
I criticize, I correct, I admonish, I inspire,
I create, I conquer, I admire, I inquire.
There are so many things I want to know.
Like why people do things the way they do them,
like why the poor suffer and the rich prosper,
like why the mighty might fall in the hands of the weak.
I pry, I visualize, I imagine, I create. 
I do poetry because I believe my words can change our hearts,
and with a change of heart and audacity in our minds,
I believe this world can become an even better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment