Thursday 25 June 2015

While the oceans tonight

Croxt:


While the oceans tonight waved and bid their goodbyes, the tears from my lazy eyes filled a cup. I have witnessed before many ships sail and I have seen less come back. To give you give without expecting return. At least, that's how we should teach to give. Because in such blindness do we find blessings. But the oceans know my name. For I gave it to them. They carry it above the waters and tell it to the whole world. They speak of me when they relive a moment we spent together. That's why people cherish memories. But if it's glue I'll stick around. You fight some of these things and they tear away a part of you. You don't want that. So when the oceans you found a friend in decide to leave your shores, send them away with a message. And your name signed at the bottom of their hearts. Names. We identify differently and each to their own name, we build up the rest. So before I rest, remember to send the oceans with your name. They will speak of you. It's all that matters. Even if they speak ill of you, they've found time for you. So bless those who bless you and let the wicked burn in their own fires. Dance to your own tune and sign your name on the sandy beaches. You know how sandcastles are homes we see ourselves play in. As little Princes and Princesses. With all around us. And we create streams that flow around our walls and gates too high to be jumped over. We have watchtowers, to see who approaches our Kingdoms and the lighthouse directs our lost ambitions back home. Huge Kingdoms we built all by ourselves. People become invincible like this. Untouchable. Ego over the roof of our heads. Because we like to be better, better than everyone else. Those better ones are the ones who get the most praise, anyways. Then, to compare is a human disease, I must agree. Because we all love knowing who deserves what. One thing I know for certain, we all deserve to smile, at least. All of us. Because even to the sad man, happiness comes once in a while. We were not born to suffer. So far, that's what many people are doing. We were born human, to be there, to care. To love, to protect. So if it's a shame to help those who are less fortunate than you are, then the shame will live in your eyes. Open your eyes of love and your mind and ears as well. Not everyone deserves your energy. You'll know when to give it and why to give it. Yeah. Everything has a reason. Just why when the oceans tonight waved and bid their goodbyes, I wished them well. I reminded them that I would be there on the sandy beach if she ever came back.. even if the sandcastles I had built might have already been wiped away by mistake, by me, by the waters of the wave or the wind, or by the bully kid, a couple of sandcastles away from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment