Thursday 30 July 2015

Kiss the Scars off my Lips

Croxt:


The African winds blow faster and that's why there are no weak ones left. The strong ones hold the mother of being in her steadstool. Rooted to the ground. Because from her mouth flows everything good, everything beautiful. The conspiring hearts have their way through things. That's why I fought my way into her heart the most peaceful way. I knew her worth even if she might have thought less of herself. Sometimes we don't know our beauty. We hide behind our scars, almost invisible to everyone else, and pretend we are a bit stronger at our weakest, where we come from. You've seen my younger years and my ambition for a better life. The fire in my eyes. And with you I pledged forever to cherish. We don't cut off just like that. We are invisible humans to our good but project our evil to others. We are not fashioned to be like this. We can be better people. It doesn't take too much to fight this one battle. ;) . But you feel where I'm coming from. As you've kissed a thousand frogs in pursuit of the love you'll find in me, I have also kissed the forbidden fruit. I'm not sure if admiring it without biting, digging in, swallowing counts as a sin. Cast me out not from this garden of bliss. The rose flowers here sing my name in heavenly tunes and the morning dew spells it out on their fresh fierce green leaves. The sharp thorns bend to my touch and their aged strong roots bless me as I walk in their presence. We are all role models, even to ourselves. Keep pushing, keep fighting. Keep following that dream and don't let it waste away in the skylines or behind the city lights. We are all just surviving. You'll find me at the corner place where I eat my bread. I will pour you a glass of wine and we will toast to your freedom. You'll see the pain I have been through, through my eyes and you will feel pity yet admiration for a man who never gave up and finally found love. Joy. I will see the scars your mind has been dragged into and I will whisper in your ears hope. For a better tomorrow. You will see my aging face and I doubt you will be able to fight the blazing urge to kiss the scars off my lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment