Monday 13 July 2015

Maybe addiction, maybe not.

Croxt:


If I'll have to admit one thing, it will have to be the fact that I am now addicted to the smell of coffee. Simple things. At least the magic of its contents keeps me awake. That's what I need sometimes. Life gets busy, y'know? No one listens until you've said something bigger than what they had in mind. That's when they listen. You, keep away from the fires that you did not start. Unless, it's a spreading fire. Forest fires eat up everything in their way. And sometimes it's the small things. Like the thrown-away butt of a burning cigarette. Oblivious. We all are sometimes. The humble and smartest have learnt to obviate from useless opportunities to raise the haughty man's ego. They never know when to stop. Selfish ambition is a man sinking into his own pocket. Once we steal from our inner giver and give inwards only, self-serving, we have missed the point of humanity. To be human is to be part of a space where you are where you need to be. Isn't it obvious? Everything happens for a reason; and only the ungrateful man curses his worktools when his plans backfire. It happens, people. Sometimes, things just don't go right. Right? Right like we planned. And if we don't feel loved back we blame ourselves. No. You are a free bird. If the love you give is not well received, flap your wings to yonderlands and find your peace. They say, we get what we deserve. Really? What do you deserve in the first place? It gets complicated from here but trust me, we care more about the less important stuff. It's usually sorted, so don't sweat it. If the sun would hate the moon for stealing the show when he goes to sleep, wouldn't he hide the light the moon reflects from him? He would cover away from the moon and she, would stand a dull unseeable ball beyond our eyes scope. Vengeance kills the night. An eye for an eye is childishly foolish. We've somehow lost the power to empower each other. These kids need to be brought up and brought up well. Our youth need direction. Everyone needs to be reassured that we are so much more. Always have been. & that everything is going to be alright. So when shit weighs you down, dip into the river by the gates, and walk out clean. The journey is long and we need to be light to get there as fast and less tired. Because this world tires you. New wheels for new roads. That's how that shit goes. And if you ever get doubt in the possibilities of yourself creating, sit by me at my favourite coffee shop spot & I will remind you it is all what we were born to do. To create. That's how things outlive us. But what do most people do? Create in the most surprising realms. They create strife, they create hate, they create jealousy and leave all out the other chances to create something at least beautiful. The most consoling thing ringing through my mind right now, is that, all hope is never lost. And as I have written before, "Hope is never lost. Maybe just too disturbed to remain"
So maybe, we push away blessings by being too stubborn. We deny ourselves peace by running away from strangers and entertaining stereotypes. Things happen in our lives everyday and only the open mind, ready to learn the right and to unlearn the wrong, makes sense of it all. The books I read have a way of understanding what I need when I pick them up. So I flip the pages, unmoved by the cover. Because that's how every miner finds his gold. Every surface is potential but you have to dig in to find out. I sit here and stir two sugars into my cup of coffee (I prefer it with a bit of rum in the morning sometimes) as I skim through the ideas in my head. It's funny how the smell of coffee has become my friend. Maybe, I : to start living your dreams, you have to keep awake. Stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment