Friday 31 July 2015

At the Back of my Head

Croxt:


I got pain at the back of my backbones and I choose to keep it at the back of my head. I'm covered by a (bracket) of limits I've put on myself and the midnight blanket slips keep disturbing my sleep. So I slip into my sandals and pray that the mist this night tonight is a struggle I can handle. Stress is a lurking shadow I can't hide under so I'm seeking a rock for my shelter. These thoughts run helter-skelter and the back of my mind believes I can catch them if I run a bit faster. So I've fostered a relationship with myself and my lonely emptiness. Grab a candle and light a path for yourself. Don't trip, that's important. Keep your feet as low as possible feeling for the things that may take you on a trip to a toothless noselessness. And a sore toe. Or just grow your wings and fly, out beyond the ceiling. I can't breathe. You're choking me. The taser on my back got me sprawling to the ground. And yes, officer.. I'm sorry but what's my crime? The colour of my skin or the shade of your heart and the ugliness of the thoughts in your corrupted mind? What you have been taught. I'm caught. I'm not, guilty. I'm hurt. You hit me where it hurts the most. I do not know who set you up for this but I'm innocent. I absolutely did not deserve the baton you hit my face with. Twice. I did not appreciate the taser that brought intense unconscious pain to my back. And now I'm lifeless. The shot you took that blew my brains out was a nice shot. Good job. Mission accomplished. But am I just your practice target for the rest of them or am I a target because I was born different? Yes, we all sin different and please stop taking advantage of the system. It spits out some sometimes. This madness has to stop. The bodycams apparently see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. The account of your mistakes will be recorded. But you know, you can always twist your way around it. Others have done it. "Justifiably". But then what's the point? Losing sleep for something you could have controlled. Piling up bodies to weaken a people. They do wrong but the generalization has killed more peace and brewed more unrest. To do good you have to fight evil. The loudest is that which comes from within. For it makes us act selfishly and entitled. So refrain. Choose wisely. Don't start a fire that can consume you. Seek more wisdom and strength. Shoot no more innocence. Shoot no more innocent souls, your sins have been forgiven. Maybe not by us. And definitely, not forgotten by us. 

R.I.P to all who fell even in their innocence. 
We miss you. 
We pray you forgive us for our silence. 
We pray you forgive them for they did not know what they were doing. 
We pray you forgive yourself too, it was never your fault.

#BlackLivesMatter 

No comments:

Post a Comment