Tuesday 15 December 2015

From the Queen's Diary

[What Does She Say?] Croxt:


I tore a page from the Queen's diary & this is what it said:

"This little golden maiden sits on my lap in the midst of a cloud of smoke she chose to inhale and now, wishing to be me. I am her and she is yet to be me. Her demeanour is calm and collected and sometimes I wish the pieces she's been broken into I'd collect. She'll piece it all together in due time but at the moment I'd rather she'd not. For now. Although what she seems is comfortable. A thing I admire. She sits with her friends and I see them come alive. Yet you'd never fight the feeling of great companionship. I shudder because every time they look at her, they almost see my face beneath hers. It's scary. I know am not yet ready to come out, so I hide. Beneath the surface, I've cracked a thousand times under this shell. It is her courage that drives me insane. I've been hidden for too long but her search for answers keeps bringing her closer to the truth. I'd say she's in the process of finding herself, me, which I'm not helping her with. You keep running until it's impossible to escape the claws. Because I know my worth. And I think she almost deserves it. See, she cries all things I would and laughs at the jokes that would break my ribs. She's trying. She embodies her skin, her colour, her struggles and her flaws. She's chosen to embrace herself fully and it's tempting to lean in and tell her she'll find me and that everything is going to be okay. She knows best not to believe in the lies and works on herself. Every day. To be better, to grow, to become. She is asking herself too many questions right now. Does she like this feeling of emptiness and cloudy nights? Has she fought her mind enough to believe that good lies within her? Use your imagination little one, and pretend that aeroplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars. She could really use a wish right now. To be one with me; who I am. I am her but she is yet to be me. Things take time and uncertainty wounds the heart. Good girls love good things. And she's fallen in love. The environment we find ourselves in should grow us. She should know. But I won't tell. I guess you could say that we are one and the same. They have praises for her I'd echo & in every tune she'd dance to, I'd feel her steps. In due time, we will be one. See, I am her highness. Her superior. She looks up to me for guidance, deep within her self to the pure pits of self where I thrive to rule and judge her actions. And with every move she makes, she leaves me impressed. I'd run fast a thousand miles but sure enough, she'll catch up around the corner. Every good turn deserves another."

No comments:

Post a Comment