Friday 11 December 2015

Turtles in Turtleneck Sweaters

[Of Paths not Taken] Croxt:

Always dress the part, unless you're different on the inside and way above other's expectations. I can imagine a giraffe with a longer turtleneck or a kangaroo in tights; jumping her way to the dinner table. We carry only what belongs to us as we let the earth swallow its dust. At High Park station, I met a friend. A friend in need; a friend indeed. A friend in deed; a friend with solutions. I realize now that not everyone who's there to help will help but at least you have some people you can count on. I survive on a daily dose of prayer and changes in routine have given me better experiences. If there are things I know for certain; let bettering myself be one of them. I know where to step ever since I knew where to start. I have the ignition dates printed in my heart and I have fallen in love with this journey to the best version of myself. I will give you nothing less. You get what you give; if it's something to go by, I get the best version of experiences wherever I go. People are free to be themselves around me and to be honest, I've had really meaningful conversations with people from many walks. Yet I do not credit it to any part of my doing but to the ability that I am who I give. & I'll give the best. I'll try my best. I'll stay the best. No comparison intended, I only compete with myself. I know where I want to go and I clearly know what's important to me. I should mention that we are who we want to be if we present ourselves to the right situations that define us. If you ever have a problem understanding what I say or what it means; ask me a question. That's how we learn. Yet, it's never that serious if you believe that you're on the right path. I'll say a million things and still make sure they are all spoken when they were needed. I don't force my thoughts, I let them take shape. I let them exist and I learn from them as well. I am on a mission to keep on going and to keep on going and when the time is right, my shell will give way to the wings underneath. Turtles could be something else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment