Tuesday 25 August 2015

On a Dry Dead Leaf

Croxt:


I ashed my cigar on a dried and dead leaf and talked some more about how to raise the dead but necessary beliefs. This conversation. It fixes the broken and heals the wounded. It gave me hope that tomorrow even if we fell, we'd rise among the stars. So you keep fighting till you get there, no days off. Nowadays I scoff at the underthought ideas spilling into the world. We've been told to think before we speak. Stick your nose into other people's business and it might get chopped off. So you're left breathing fire on a calamity you brought to yourself. Stick to the plan and that seed you have, plant it. Let it grow, let it rise. Allow the roots to grow as deep as they can get because the stem needs to be strong enough to hold your branches in place. Plan ahead because, yes, you'll always drop a bunch of dead dry leaves that no longer serve you up there. Don't cry over them. They fell for a reason and they'll give you the nutrients you need in time once they are ready. So be patient and give thanks even in the face of calamity. The life they would give you they will. Miss them when they are gone and hope the winds don't blow them too far away from your foundations. Even if they do, pray they land at the feet of they who need it more than you do. Leave me alone and drop dead if it's axing my life away you intend. Mind your business and I'll beautify Mother Nature my way; the only way I know how to. If I'm doing something wrong, advise me how to do better. Show me the better path I'll need to take. We all learn from each other. And if you're not ready to advise someone, walk away, wait till you are. It doesn't hurt. So many people have been misguided before. That hurts more. And it pains how you keep giving them what they think they want instead of what they actually need. So be a rose flower and look good every time and smell good every time and stand tall every time without a need to boast your beauty. Be alive and stay that way. Not dead to your ambitions and not weak and seeking permission to grow. Grow. Through the shadows, through even others' leaves and branches. Anyone who asks you not to grow towards the sunlight is asking you to be a dead dry leaf. Rise above them. Even if it's yourself. Reach for the skies. Touch the clouds and let them wash the dust off you occasionally when it pours. Be steadfast and be brave. The battle isn't won from the skies, remember. It is won from your roots, through the stems and in the midst of your clouds. How strong have you always been? Because being the fastest and first to reach to the top if not well prepared does not save you when you come falling down. Let the dead leaves drop but don't let the winds swing you wherever they head to. The breeze keeps blowing this smoke away from my face and that last puff almost had me coughing. I let go of the almost dead last bit of the cigar, still lit, by mistake and immediately hoped it wouldn't fall on a bald man's head down the street I'm on. Oops, it did. I'm really sorry I couldn't get down there quick enough to apologize. 'Cause I'm up here, way up, floating on a dead dry leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment