Friday 18 September 2015

The Good Samaritan

[Habits of Winning] Croxt:


Habits of winning are developed then maintained. And sometimes, you win because you have no otherwise. You've been put down so many times it's almost impossible to keep staying small. The journey has its own battles and you're never sure when they will show up. So you keep walking no matter how hard it gets. You're worried about mama and your family needs stuff. So you get selfless sometimes and give your all. You have the platform so you use it to terminate the things that ill you. I'm a committed fan of the people who don't quit because other people made them. People who keep going beyond impossibilities and beyond onto the better things. I've been spilling secrets on dirty diary pages, even my own. I'm used to rapping on the phone still waiting for my break. Waiting for a good Samaritan to knock my door and take me to studio. I'll make them proud and I'll give the world tunes of hope to jam to. We have compressed ourselves and that's about not right. We are lifted and the robbers found us on our way to freedom. They stole our material possessions but I figure no one told them that hope was our biggest wealth. So right now, even if I lay down bruised and pass out to never return, I know this walk has been worth it. I've tried all I could and apologized for all the times I fucked up. We are travellers in a deserted city, a ghost town of undefined shadows. I'm the replica of something way bigger than me which I've connected the dots to realize it might be myself. I'll get my payment if that's what I deserve even if the people who I was convicted would help me have passed me by with a spit to my face. I've married the game and I don't want to break her heart. It's hard. At least it was, until you showed up and lifted up my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment