Monday 28 September 2015

Weed and Melodies

[Of seasons and change] Croxt:


Tap, tap, tap and the beat goes in like fire. We all know medicine only fights alone for those who take it. Some people have been sick and yet to know that they are because sometimes we miss the symptoms or ignore the signs. So I pray for your health that you may continue to grow stronger with every tide and fight easy in every trial. All will be well. The tunes in my head this evening have been lit and my unspoken desires have kind of been unsilenced. So now I have a melody in my head that I desperately want the world to hear. As far as this heart of mine beats and as close as this mind of mine thinks, I've realized that many have chosen to bracket their lives in and keep their dreams under a blanket, tucked in. What is worth the spotlight should be given its chance. And inasmuch as I've let my wings grow, I still know I have to train my muscles to flap them to my will and to the rhythm of my soul. I happen to be a curious traveller who doesn't really need company and even the skies bear witness; they know I can do this by myself. I have before found myself trapped inside a house of fire and smoke found its way in. Anguish. Then clouds of hope formed from my lungs and I somehow managed to breath out good music into the world. Sometimes, you need to know what you have to offer. What you can put on the table. Because we are all different.. some are greedy while some might be ungrateful. So I keep my cup full because I never wish to run out. I've had empty pockets before and the sun's heat scorched my back, me trying to please my bank. My temple got burnt and I've had to build another. My mother knows I long to go far and her prayers have kept me going. My sisters love me as I do back and my brother is surely a Prince on his way to become the King I believe he is. I bless the heavens. Have you seen that tonight the stars have aligned themselves to spell out my name? I'm glad I was patient yet unnecessarily, a little mad that I did not get here sooner. But you know, all is well that ends well. Sometimes it's worth the flight, sometimes it's worth the fight. You just gotta keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment