Wednesday 16 September 2015

Too legit to quit

[Habits of Winning] Croxt:

The godfathers share our plight in the restructuring and reconstruction of our broken dreams and bruised hearts. Fallen bridges are often swept away by the rivers and it's because memories like these remind us that the grass on the other side might have been greener. It's enormously important that we organize our thoughts and forward our ambitions to the things that really matter. The tape recording must have missed a few scenes that we needed the most but you best do not want to construct your life on another's skeleton. We are all different and it still surprises me how hard we try not to be. I'm confronted by the imagination of a river that stopped flowing. What dried you? Whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen so I just do my job. The query I can't answer best is the question of time. I'm perplexed I've never stopped in my tracks even when I had every reason to. Maybe it's the priorities we set and the limits we set to beat. I'm unmoved by people's inability to see my worth. We are looking for our own. That's why the early bird rises to catch the worm and calm her storms. The stones people keep throwing my way pile at my feet and I didn't figure out for the longest time that you knew I needed a stepping stone. I can see a further distance from up here and the shadows y'all create have kept some in darkness. That's why when you are up and closer to the sun, you avoid blocking sunshine out of people's lives. And if you get too big to avoid it, you create your own source of light. Guide and direct. Show and illustrate.  Never frustrating yourself is hard if people have expectations in you. Also, not caring about what people think is making yourself an island. And no man is an island even if his foot is set on a high land. You bless those who bless you and pray for those who don't really know they need you. Shot three times and left for dead, unable to call an ambulance. Frustrating ambiance and drained ambitions. Fight for your passions till the Good Samaritan shows up, dresses your wounds as the Samaritan woman quenches your thirst. Don't stop unless it's at a stop light. It says stop and not final destination unless you have one right infront of your parking spot. So keep going till you reach home and when you get here, I'm dead-ass beat but I promise we will celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment