Sunday 13 September 2015

Umukhonto we sizwe

Croxt:

Burning spears can tear even the most untouched. The heat of the fire melts everything in the arrow's way and once it reaches its destination, it pierces its way into the the depths of the heart. So you can tell that the power of the pullback will drag it further the further back you pull it and sometimes we just have to be taken way back to surge forward into our situations. And, without overstepping the limits, of course. Be careful not to pull back too far till you're snapped out and don't pull back too weak or you will not reach the desired destination. I'll reintroduce myself on many occasions as the spear of a nation worth living in. You never know what you have until it has been released. But still, never regret. If it doesn't come back, go ahead and follow it. Look for it wherever you think it landed. You might find fresh meat in the process. If you can't find it, live on. Life is too short to own just one arrow. The hunt is large and the prepared ones find different ways to feed their families. I've thrown javelins a further distance into the unknown than Julius Yego would ever. So at the least, I know a few things. The prices in the market have risen and the economy is swallowing us whole. There's a hole in my heart and this emptiness I must go and fill. The garbage has surpassed the boundaries of our landfills because apparently, we cook more than we eat. Greedy? I don't think so. But maybe inconsiderate. Like, once we've had enough we're good. We throw away. We don't care enough for the next person. The next person might care enough for us but haven't we already built high walls enough to keep them out? Yeah. We hope for the best but we are not even the best ourselves. What makes us think we deserve even the little that we have? We haven't starved but also, we haven't helped those who have. So I share the little that I have, considerate enough even towards myself. You don't give away all you possess even to feel better about yourself; that never made sense. Sharing is caring and a random stranger staring at my food while I eat is scary. But we can laugh over my plate and talk some more about our fates. Meeting you must have been one of the greats because now that we've met, there's a reason for this. Let's figure it out together without wasting each other's time. If you can't help me then don't cling to me. I'll help where I can; I'll try whatever I can. In it all, I hope that we all win. I'll be the spear to your fears and please be my shield in the enemy's field.

No comments:

Post a Comment