Monday 26 October 2015

Don't Dilute my Work

[An Apple a Day] Croxt:

Just like the CN Tower, my work stands tall; and just like my BOSE speakers, it also speaks loudly for itself. Y'all heard that Jesus turned water into wine at some wedding in Cana and I wouldn't say it's something I can. Give me words and I'll make them beautiful; give me time and I'll make you proud. To be honest, show me something beautiful and I will praise it. Show me something ugly and I'll show you why it really is not and how much better it could get. See, when it rains the dust settles after a while and all the dirt is washed away. Wash away my sins and judge not my imperfections, if I happen to have any. Read through the lines of my work and understand where am coming from. It might look good, it might feel good but don't make it look you. I surely do not want to look like you. So if it is to esteem something you admire, you must rise your way to its position or just admire it from below. Drag me through the mud and I'll remind you that I've secured my place in a high place. Don't throw in the towel, yet. You can do it as well. If your intentions are true; if your intentions are pure; if your intentions certainly make sense. We are all different but equally the same. The things that make us different are the same things that build our similarities. So never try too hard unless you're putting in real work and gaining for yourself real value. Never lose hope and never really despair. My work is a little bit like your favourite liquor. And I very much hope you'll drink it with no chasers. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment