Friday 9 October 2015

I Plead my Case

[Guilty or not guilty] Croxt:

I have seen tables turn and the guilty walk free. I have also seen forgiveness. So, it leaves me to wonder; what is the price we have to pay? I am engrieved (engulfed by grief) remorsely of my misgivings and misfortunes. And as I stand in your presence, judge me not. I have done things I have reason to regret, trust me on this. But to exhort the significance of my existence, I have also learned from my mistakes. To reintroduce myself, I am but a young man learning to grow. My two most favourite things. To learn and to grow. And if I would give myself to you as an example, I am a seed that has just had its roots stretch and its plumule fight to reach the sun. It is hard. There is always going to be rocks, small stones., pebbles, soil and of course, the burden it carries. I am determined as they come. I have every reason to fight. I surely would never let it fall easy. So whichever weather I find, I will show up. It is the sun's light that guides me and it is the rains that favour my rise. I owe a lot to the universe. It has its ways of bringing things to light. And the light is truth. And truth is what makes me tick. I will be honest with you, I have found a million reasons to stand my ground. And bad things happen when good people do nothing, I have learned. That has become enough motivation to find my voice. And when you find it, no one can steal it away from you. It happens you are right. I am not here to defend my case but to plead. That you may not overlook the mistakes I have committed but search into the deeper truth and what lies behind the obvious. We all say different things and I know the fragility of our words. Easy to manipulate, especially, when one dares to utter truth. So don't cast your stones, yet, the sun is about to set. Tell me how we have grown to love the things we hated the most. Yet some of us grow to find that those same things would be the keys to our freedoms. To joy. Verily, I despise people who argue, yet not firmly if they make a sturdy point; well-thought. I'll throw my two cents in because the more, the better. I will work to repay what I wore and what I owe and my sweat will be the testimony of my fate. It's late and I'd rather not keep you longer and if my words would be something to go with; I have been a winner since the day I stepped out of my mother's womb.


*step out - go out to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment