Wednesday 21 October 2015

An Ode to the Girl Child

[Today's Heroes] Croxt:


It has taken me the longest time to stand straight and look into the eyes of the girl child, into the eyes of her sister, into the eyes of her mother, into the eyes of any woman, any girl; and promise them that anything is going to be okay. Things come when they arrive. I am truly sorry. That's why today I sit to jot my heart out onto a piece of paper and let the ink spell out my words for you. A letter addressed to you, my darling. I have heard before that anonymous compliments are the best, because then you know well that the one who gave them needed nothing from you but you to believe in the beauty or admiration you possess that they pointed out. So today I compliment you; (something I wish you will believe each day), you are beautiful. In every single way you see yourself. In every single way you think of yourself. All of you. And nothing is wrong with you or ever has been. I am convinced the girl-child deserves to grow and should never be disadvantaged enough to stop growing. One, because she is very willing to learn even from when she is young. Two, because she is born full of life. So, dear girl child, take not to heart the lies they force you to believe about yourself. Do not let them show you to be weak in any way they present it before you. Speak up. There's enough power in your voice to silence each and every weak man who fails to make sense in front of you. Learn to talk. Learn to observe. Learn to go for the best reason possible. Avoid believing even in the women who have accepted to be less than whoever they believed themselves to be. Don't praise the ones who do not deserve it. Don't victimize or criticize them, either. Understand them and their position and why they do the things they do. Speak for the ones who will let you. Empower other women without looking for reasons to fight against their decisions; because you'll always find them. They got where they are today through a journey. Every woman I know has a story. & how I wish they could all tell them and the world, eager, could be ready to listen. Every story is different. Sometimes, where you start is far away from where you begun. And I'd have no reason to bring you out into the light with no intention of guiding you. So, believe me when I tell you, the universe has always been within you. You ever will be the things you believe you will become, no matter how petty. Choose to grow daily and miss no step. Trust your steps and learn from your mistakes. It doesn't have to be like it has always been. Nobody can love someone who doesn't love themselves, no matter how perfect the picture looks in their mind. Love yourself more; believe in yourself more. More than anyone else could ever do. Become fearless. The light is hidden within you and never let anyone dim it, no matter what they mean to you. You, my dear, have always meant more for yourself.


Yours sincerely,

The 6Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment