Monday 12 October 2015

Homeless not Hopeless

[Habits of Winning] Croxt:

The ravens have come down to feast but the pizza delivery guy in his not-so-fancy uniform did not find me in the apartment, 17 minutes later. I missed my meal. So apparently you can't see clouds on a dark night but by the reflection of the city lights. The city park is a solitude for the ones seeking a place to place their heads and the streets, for the ones who need some spare change. The debt collector won't reach your home phone because you shattered its screen as you screamed for help. It shall not come from the streets but from the mountains. Shield your belongings as you sleep: the sun wears it out, the rain soaks it up and the thief of the night desires to feed his greed. Stealing from the rich to give to the poor is hopeless if the poor do not admire your cause. The swimming pool is dirty, unattended for two months and you stay away from the cold not to catch its flu. They live longer the ones who set their priorities right. So I've been wrong not to think like the rest that's why I've learnt to be really reasonable. I cast light forward without worrying about the shadows that fall behind you. If you're scared of the light, go back and work on yourself. If you're brave enough, come with me help find the others. Come to think of it, I've found speed-dating to be a bit reckless because then you know you shouldn't drink and drive. And to drive the point home, let's be cautious and thoughtful enough. What did the streetcar say to the train? - "I do not have to hide under the ground." But I think it is what it is as long as both get us home in good time. So I'm yet to lose hope and I don't think I ever will. A bunch of cab drivers and some security guys are my friends, they know me by name. So I really don't have to worry about getting home fast. They charge you fair enough and take the shortest route home. They have been there before. My security license is about to come through so I'll be legal to protect you from your fears. 'Cause, what's the use of knowing first aid and you can't really save a life? You put your house in order and shelf everything in its right place. You work on what needs to be worked on and trust in your creativity. If I'm begging I won't choose and if I'm giving I won't discriminate.

No comments:

Post a Comment