Saturday 14 November 2015

Fighting Storms

[Habits of Winning] Croxt:

Back in Africa, we fight storms. Whisper dirty secrets to the air and see the waters flood at your feet. Lay your head back and watch the air and the skies get clearer. I've climbed mountains, crossed rivers and journeyed across deserts in a bid to find myself. From the head to the toes, I've shivered in the cold but never has winter been colder. We are all fighting. It's sad how. Yet even Kingdoms have fought within themselves. Sometimes it's the roots that cause our problems. I've faced Mt. Kenya under a Mogumo tree and the roots, then, embraced me. I've seen better days. Yet, even worse days. It's a roller-coaster. That you should never let break you. Oh yeah, I've been to the coasts too. It's costly but it's never caused me pain to try. I dream big and I happen to love Mother Nature. The things that give me delight tremendously ignite my light. If I'd be performing at the circus today, I would be a flame-thrower. Like Oprah, throwing hope and love to each that needs it. I am generous and greatly grateful. The skies look down and wonder how I manage to keep going. Persistence. Patience. Powerful even in pain. You could tell by the dust on my shoes that I came back bearing good news. You could be a hero. You could rise from your zero. I've escaped pain by zooming into the positive and I can assume, safely, that it is working for me. I will never be dishonest with myself yet I'll never allow myself to focus on the negatives to see the bigger picture. It's pointless. Two wrongs never made a right and to fight against the rhythm of my existence is to cast a shadow above my nights. I thank the good Lord for He has kept me. He has never left me nor for a second forsook me. Shake me to the core and I'll remain standing strong. I am a believer of my abilities to do better, to grow, to overcome, to challenge myself, to breathe out fire through my words when need be; a champion among men and you too could be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment