Friday 20 November 2015

The Narrative of War

[An Eye for an Eye] Croxt:


I've come to believe that war is the medicine for those desperately afraid to lose. I am no expert but I know a coward when I see one. I see through the ones who put on a facade. A fake face and a cake laced with poison. I see through their desperations. For starters, the world has been upside-down if you've been yet too busy to notice. The things that are pushed into your face are disgusting the most. And just because they are acceptable, it doesn't mean you should consume them. No. I don't want the world to go back to how it was before slavery and colonization. No, I do not wish for people to continue dying blindly without knowing where they will end up in. Take off your cowardice and put on some real clothes. Let people know you for what you really are. Time is frozen and I pray the frostbites on your ears would let my words sip in. At least, some of them. Fear is the problem. Anything evil plays to the tune of fear and I sympathize when I see someone dance to it. It's a predicament. What are the things you are afraid of? Either good for you, bad for you, good for others or bad for others? What are you really afraid of? It might be one thing or a thousand different things. Small or huge, fear is real. Fear-mongers, I've found, stand to gain a lot. Why? We give power to the things we fear. & it's never-ending. We go to churches and spin to never-ending circles. We go to Mosques and we are bombed because of the Deity we believe in. We shift blame because no one wants to take responsibility. We give people names and sugarcoat situations to please our tastes. So what do we stand to lose? The fame or the name? The win for the game? See, we get greedy sometimes and we want more for ourselves. It's one thing to be labelled a superpower and it's pointless to be just that through your weaknesses. They say money is the root of all our problems. I say the fear of money and what it could do, what it has done, what it is doing: is the root of all our problems. Goodness is your shield and persistence your defender. Embrace these and walk unashamed. You were healed before the war-cry was sounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment