Tuesday 3 November 2015

A Beautiful Chimney

[For the Love of Poetry] Croxt:

Submarines made me a believer in the navy and your navy blue sweater covered all my insecurities. I have a nice box where my heart used to be and you could put all your jewellery safe inside. If diamonds were real, then truly this love is. You shine brighter than the brightest light and if this love doesn't feel anything like the 90's RnB's, then I don't wish to waste your time. Fall for me even in the winter because I spent enough time and effort preparing for you a place to land once you got here. FYI, nothing goes wrong around here. If it feels like it, it was always part of the plan. So be cheerful, you, beautiful chimney. We've sought for warmth and you discarded all the nasty smoke. I'll clean up every time we're done making fire because I value the things that are of use to me. I take good care of them. Let the neighbours know we've cooked a sweet-smelling dish tonight. I'll do the tasting. I'll do the dishes. I'll do everything to remind you that we gon' be alright. Let's talk about how you're far up into the skies, the highest point of my mansion of dreams. Without you, winter is a nightmare; summer, a little less picture-perfect. Stand tall, my darling, I drew you right. I believe every architect should make his work just as beautiful as their thoughts and you showed up in your place nothing less. My beautiful chimney, they will look at you and they will see the beauty hidden in the house you reside in. You found yourself in a strong tower and I'm glad you'd rather be nowhere else ❤️

1 comment:

  1. Great description of having a good chimney to support a just as awesome fireplace. I rented a home and lived there for five long years not being able to use my fireplace because of the insufficient chimney. It was very old and tattered and was just too much of a fire hazard. I wish I could have enjoyed it!

    Carry Scanlon @ Chim Chimney

    ReplyDelete