Friday 13 November 2015

Teacher's Pet

[Today's Heroes] Croxt:

If you have the answers to my questions, please raise your hand and turn me around. Talk to me. I see you've done your homework well and it's clear you are way ahead of the syllabus. Take your steps forward and address the classroom. You can have my chalks if you want to even go further and teach us more to a better understanding. I can tell you know what it takes to be a movie star. The casting call has been made and your name has been praised throughout the auditions. I can play this game with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back. You can have it all. You can take the wheel and drive me home. We could pass by a Starbucks and grab some coffee. I'm faded and you've stirred my heart full of your morning sugar. Sweet words you speak have me rolling in my thoughts sometimes. Put your money where your mouth is, action where your heart is. Effort. You're my favourite because you take initiative. I admire you because even when you tire, you never retire. I'll make you feel special even if I don't really have to. I have seen your worth and tasted your moon. I'll feed you with a spoon and the plate can be our resolve to hunt. I will gather the firewood and you can ignite our dreams. I am ready. I am prepared to prepare us a meal. A delicious meal. I will make your bed even as you lie on it. I will sing you silly lullabies and even as you've witnessed, I'd never need an alibi. So say goodbye to your worries and fears and feel so good. Here we are, it's happening. Sharpen your pencils and you've passed this test before it was written. Stay standing tall and keep growing. Let others learn from you the things that help them recollect their broken pieces. Their forgotten ambitions. Challenge others to be better. You are a puzzle I stumbled upon that am yet to unravel its marvels. And I'll keep piecing the pieces together for us and teach you how to do it right. I got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment