Saturday 21 November 2015

Give me an Audience

Knock, knock...
Who's there?
That wasn't one of those jokes.. lol Just mic-check;
One-two, one-two
That's the 6 if you did the math
A 3 if you hate repetitions.
I won't waste your time, so give me an audience. The mic is in my hands and shots will be fired. One-two, one-two.
The jobless will be hired. 
As the cars need their tires I hope your ears will never get tired.
Give me an audience and I'll speak of the things we desired. A fire in a forest that dried up in the fall.. A tragic little story of me as a boy, inside the mall, when mummy couldn't buy me a toy. That's why I speak with joy of the things unfurnished and warm empty houses. Warm grumbling empty stomachs. Warm but empty decisions yet when I stand and look up I stepped forward. Give me an audience for the things I cherish and those I despise. I'm one of a kind and I'm one known to be kind. I don't read people's minds but understand what they are up to. It's upsetting when the setting is ridiculous and my jokes are not that funny. But honey, you can have my milk and if Swahili, asali. I'll say asanti as I mean it, a thank you every minute. I know you're a stone's throw away but I also know you live in glass houses; love in mud houses; as I spit my mad verses. So I'll do this again; 
Knock knock;
Who's there?
Just me trynna get an audience.
That's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment